Meditation was the “therapy” of our ancestors.
In fact, I believe it was more than that, it was the standard way to process everything that happened in daily life so that you could start the next day afresh and alive with a happy and energetic mind, without carrying the increasing weight of unhappiness and stress around with you.
I am sure that you will have already come across the practice of meditation at some point in your life but I agree, there are so many different practices of meditation that the world of meditation is a highly confusing one with many unauthentic practices around! So where do you begin? I always say, start simple. In fact, the simpler the meditation, the more powerful and exciting it can be. It is also very important to keep your practice easy, so that you are much more likely to actually meditate frequently.
Because meditation is a very personal practice, my one-to-one meditation sessions enable us to formulate a meditation that will suit you best and provide you with the most benefit according to your personality, current emotional state and lifestyle. Each session takes around 2 hours, giving us ample time to explore your needs and for you to begin to learn powerful meditation techniques that will quickly change your life for the better.
So what exactly is meditation?
Meditation, simply put, is a focus on an ‘object’ such as the breath, or a good feeling.
How can such a simple practice help you?
- Because meditation involves focus, it leads to increased focus in your daily life.
- Meditation widens your sense of perspective and so you react far less to difficult situations in life and are better able to enjoy things.
- The act of focus on your breath or other beneficial objects calms your nervous system and boosts your immunity enabling you to function better physically.
- Meditation enables you to be present with your own thoughts and feelings so that you can process them better and feel happier.
- Meditation improves your mind and therefore, improves your life. The more you meditate, the better it gets!